We are looking to feature local artists in a commemorative poster series for each home game of the Portland Trail Blazers 2017-18 NBA regular season, which will be a total of 40 posters (“Poster Series”). Throughout the Poster Series there will be a limited number of posters printed and available for sale at the Moda Center Rip City Clothing Co. location at each home game. A major percentage of the proceeds from the sales of the Poster Series will be donated to the Trail Blazers Foundation to benefit our local Portland community non-profit organizations. These donated funds will be used for community programs that have a positive impact for local underserved children and families where they Live, Learn, and Play. For more information about the Trail Blazers Foundation and the community partners it has supported, go to www.trailblazers.com/community/foundation.
In addition to raising funds for the community, the Poster Series will provide local artists like yourself an opportunity to showcase their personal interpretation of the Trail Blazers and Rip City brands to our fans, while providing the freedom and flexibility for the artist to create an authentic piece unique to their personal style. We’re trying to get a good cross section of different artists and styles from across the region to have a nice mix.
With the main goal of raising funds, we are hoping to keep costs and expenses for the project to a minimal, so we are offering artists payment of $400 for each accepted design. We anticipate that each accepted artist will have a minimum of one poster design, but probably no more than six total throughout the Poster Series. Each artist will be required to enter into a formal agreement with Rip City Clothing Co. for the Poster Series work.
If accepted, the following are details and certain criteria required for each poster (additional details may be determined upon acceptance of artists):
11” x 17”
Home Game Date
– To be assigned once NBA season schedule is released in late August
– Some dates may also incorporate TBD theme nights into a design
(i.e. Green Games, Comic Con, Pride, Chinese New Year, Blaze’s Birthday, Latino Night, etc.)
VS. “opponent CITY name”
– You cannot use any NBA or opponent team logos or marks
– You may use elements/interpretations of an NBA team within the design
Cannot include player likenesses for any Trail Blazers player nor any player of an opponent
– Abstract/Unidentified players and silhouettes will be acceptable with discretion for identifying features
Keep 1” of design in bottom right corner free of important elements
– Rip City Clothing Co. will add a small logo and the © symbol in this space on all posters printed in the Poster Series.
The following are some examples of imagery and concepts that will be allowable for use in a design:
– Abstract or literal interpretation
– Cityscape/Arena image [You cannot use the word “MODA” but can use “MODA CENTER”]
– Jerseys/Stripes/45° angle
– Logo/logo elements which we provide
– The word “Rip City” and colors
– Abstract/Unidentified Players
– Blaze the Trail Cat
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org by FRIDAY JUNE 9 if you are interested in being considered as an artist for this project or if you have any questions. Feel free to share this with others in your network as well!
If you are accepted as an artist, we will provide you with a formal agreement for review, acceptance and execution, which will also include additional details of the project. We plan to have artists selected in July and will be in touch then.