Winter 2010 Graphic Design INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY at Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) www.omsi.edu
Graphic Design Major (OMSI prefers students pursing Advertising Management Minor)
Location: OMSI, 1945 SE Water Avenue, Portland, OR
Deadline: December 31, 2009
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Graphic Design Intern experiences real-world print-related design, including how to work with vendors, manage files, design within a budget and much more. This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to gain experience and build their resume and portfolio in the Marketing Department of one of Oregon's most recognized non-profit institutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Work with staff to understand how design works within OMSI?s Marketing Department.
– Assist with design and production of printed and marketing materials, including publications, ads, signs, banners, flyers, and brochures.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Graphic Design Major with Advertising Minor Computer Skills:
– Experience in ALL of the following software programs: Adobe Photoshop CS3 (or newer), Adobe Illustrator CS3 (or newer), Adobe InDesign CS3 (or newer), and Adobe Acrobat.
– Balanced portfolio demonstrating design and computer aptitude, including experience with single- and multi-page layout and photo manipulation.
– Positive attitude.
– Excellent communication, organizational, and file management skills.
Other: Please indicate if applicants need to possess permanent right to work in the US.
Duration of Internship: 2