Background: The Hollywood Theatre is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to entertain, inspire, educate and connect the community through the art of film while preserving a historic Portland landmark. For more information please visit www.hollywoodtheatre.org.
Title: Design Intern
Reports to: Creative Advocate, Executive Director, Director of Programs and Community Engagement
Hours: 20-40 hours per week. Flexible schedule, but must meet all established deadlines.
Compensation: Position is unpaid. Intern will receive discounted or free tickets to screenings and special events at the Hollywood Theatre.
Position Description: The Design intern will strengthen the Hollywood Theatre brand by developing innovative collateral materials ranging from brochures to posters, handbills, web banners and more. The Design intern will assist in managing all aspects of the design process, from conceptualization to final implementation.
- Create unique, visually compelling designs for print and web with extremely limited resources while adhering to tight deadlines
- Work with Creative Advocate to develop formal brand guidelines
- Adept problem solver, able to complete projects under tight deadlines with limited resources
- Well rounded portfolio with examples of exceptional client or student
- Exceptional multi-tasker
- Experience working with limited supervision
To Apply: Please send resume, cover letter and work samples to Rachel Stone – email@example.com